Student Success Center
The mission of the Student Success Center is to support the individual needs of students and provide comprehensive programs and holistic services that will empower students and connect them with the resources they need to achieve both academic and personal goals which ultimately will improve retention, progression and graduation.
- Improve communication to and between faculty, staff, and students.
- Improve student retention
- Engage faculty and staff in the student development and assessment processes.
Services Provided (all services are FREE to all MGC students)
- Individual and group student success advising sessions
- Individual and group peer mentoring sessions
- Weekly Student Success Workshops
- Resources and information about learning and multiple intelligence styles, communicating with instructors, and basic college life
The Cochran Student Success Center is located in G-19 in the lower level of Roberts Memorial Library.
The Dublin Student Success Center is located in LB 206.
The Eastman Student Success Center is located in room 1181across form the library.
Student Success TIP of the Week
IMPROVE YOUR NOTE-TAKING SKILLS THROUGH ACTIVE LISTENING Accurately listening to a lecture and deciding what is important are two skills that must be mastered in order to accurately write the information in your notes. Again, being an active rather than a passive participant is the key to your success. Taking good notes demands that you: prepare for class, become an active listener, distinguish major from minor points, use a note taking system, participate in class, and review often. Click to view effective study skills and strategies: 10 Steps in Learning to Learn.