Academic Resource Center
The mission of the Academic Resource Center (ARC) is to assist students through the transition to college life and provide services such as peer tutoring and academic resources that are designed to reinforce or improve the academic skills of MGC students, traditional and non-traditional.
- To promote equal educational opportunities for all students.
- To provide tutoring and resources to students enabling them to achieve their educational, personal, and career goals.
- Free tutoring available on all campuses. Qualified peer tutors provide the support and resources necessary for students to achieve academic success
- Computer-based resources are readily available on all three campuses.
- Access to old exams that are supplied by instructors
- The ARC oversees MGCS 1101, which is an introduction to college course. MGCS 1101 was created to assist students through the transition to college life and to offer students essential tools to succeed academically and socially. Students engage in active learning strategies, small group discussions, writing assignments, and outside work. They explore values, goals, career choices, and academic skills interaction.
The Cochran ARC is located in the lower level of Roberts Memorial Library (G-19).
The Dublin ARC is located in (LB 200).
The Eastman ARC is located in the library (1181).