Please bring these with you on your first day of employment.
Eligible, benefitted employees may add the benefits in this section at any time during employment.
- 403(b) - All benefitted, regular employees may elect to accumulate supplemental retirement income by participating in the 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity plan. This election can be made at any time and contributions can be stopped, started or changed at any time. The College has three companies to choose from to manage these accounts: VALIC, TIAA-CREF and Fidelity.
- Roth 403(b) - All benefitted employees may choose to participate in the after-tax Roth 403(b) Plan with Valic.
- 457 - All benefitted employees may elect to accumulate supplemental retirement income by participating in the deferred compensation plan through TIAA-CREF or VALIC. This is a before-tax deduction.
- Path 2 College 529 Plan - All benefitted employees may elect to contribute through an after tax deduction to a qualified tuition program designed to help families save for college expenses. TIAA-CREF will manage these funds.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) - Once a benefitted employee is employed for at least six months, he/she may take up to 9 credit hours each semester, subject to the supervisor's approval. Please see the Human Resources website for application deadlines.
- Shared Sick Leave Program - Employees are given the opportunity to donate a specified number of hours of sick leave from their sick leave account to an institutional leave pool during the annual open enrollment period for other benefits. To learn more about the Shared Sick Leave, please visit the Middle Georgia College Human Resources page at http://www.mgc.edu/hr/benefits.cfm.