Scholarships and Awards
The deadline for Foundation scholarship applications is April 1st.
Ocmulgee EMC College Scholarship
ELIGIBILITY - Updated March, 2008
A student must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student at Middle Georgia College
- Current enrollment in any aviation related degree or certificate program at the Georgia Aviation Campus
- Live in a household served by Ocmulgee EMC
- Completed at least one semester in an aviation program at Middle Georgia College
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as set forth in the student handbook and maintain a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 at Middle Georgia College
- Must have completed a semester of program specific courses
- Demonstrate an extraordinary grasp of the technical field of study through academic performance and hands-on proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum program GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of professional responsibility as indicated by your overall work ethic assessment
A student must submit the following by the published deadline to be considered:
- A completed application for the Ocmulgee EMC College Scholarship
- A personal resume (typed)
- An unofficial transcript from Warrior Web
Ocmulgee Electric Membership Corporation is a not-for-profit cooperative located in Eastman, Georgia that is dedicated to providing the residents of Dodge, Bleckley, Pulaski, Laurens and Telfair counties with exceptional energy related products and services. We've been your local power cooperative for over 65 years and we're proud to be owned by those we serve.
As an electric cooperative, our business is about much more than power. . . it's about exceptional service and committment to community. Ocmulgee Electric Membership Cooperative has worked hard to provide quality products and services at affordable prices for over sixty-four years. And we're proud to continue that tradition today through our continued support of such community programs as the Walter Harrison Scholarship Fund, The Washington Youth Tour, Youth Couples Co-op and many, many more.
OcMulgee EMC is committed to support higher education in our area through a Scholarship Program with the two area technical colleges. Demonstrating the Co-op's commitment to higher education, the OcMulgee EMC Foundation will award a $1,250.00 scholarship each quarter to a deserving student enrolled in one of Georgia Aviation Technical College's diploma or degree programs or in Heart of Georgia Technical College's Licensed Practical Nursing program on the GAVTC campus.