Scholarships and Awards
The deadline for Foundation scholarship applications is April 1st.
Gulfstream Aerospace Award of Excellence
ELIGIBILITY - Updated March, 2008
A student must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student at Middle Georgia College
- Current enrollment in any Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) degree or certificate program at the Georgia Aviation Campus
- Current enrollment in the fourth semester of the AMT program
- Maintain a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 at Middle Georgia College
- Plans to be employed in general aviation upon graduation
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of professional responsibility as indicated by your overall work ethic assessment
A student must submit the following by the published deadline to be considered:
- A completed application for the Gulfstream Aerospace Award of Excellence
- A personal resume (typed)
- An unofficial transcript from Warrior Web
Founded in 1958, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is The World Standard in business aviation. The company has produced more than 1,600 aircraft for corporate, government, private and military customers around the world. The company's flagship products â€�â€� the Gulfstream G150, the Gulfstream G200, the Gulfstream G350, the Gulfstream G450, the Gulfstream G500, the Gulfstream G550 and the recently announced Gulfstream G650 â€�â€� are the world's most technologically advanced business jet aircraft. More than oneâ€�quarter of Fortune 500 companies operate Gulfstream aircraft. An increasing number of international companies now operate Gulfstream aircraft.
Year after year Gulfstream consistently invests in growing and improving its service infrastructure. It includes five U.S. service centers (Appleton Wisconsin, Brunswick Georgia, Dallas Texas, Long Beach California, Savannah Georgia), as well as one at London Luton Airport in the U.K. along with six U.S. facilities operating under the General Dynamics Aviation Services banner. At these and other Gulfstream authorized centers around the world, you will find the finest care in business aviation.
Carefully selecting people who work on Gulfstream aircraft and providing them with the best training in the industry is a primary objective. As a result, all Gulfstream and General Dynamics Aviation Services facilities have earned the prestigious Diamond Certificate of Excellence Award as recognition for their dedication.
Gulfstream Aerospace is pleased to establish this award to a deserving Aviation Maintenance technology student in the name of all Gulfstream employees.