Middle Georgia College is a publicly supported state charter unit of the University System of Georgia. Middle Georgia College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and select baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Middle Georgia College.
The College offers a wide range of programs of study designed for transfer to four-year institutions and others designed to prepare student for entry directly into business, industry, and other careers. The academic programs of the College meet the requirement of the Core Curriculum, as approved by the University System of Georgia, to facilitate the transfer of credits to the four-year institution of the student's choice.
The main campus in Cochran serves both commuting and residential students. The Dublin Center serves commuting students from the middle Georgia Area. The Georgia Aviation campus in Eastman offers several aviation technical certificates and Associate of Applied Science degrees. The College provides the best educational environment possible for the development of its students and serves the needs of its community. In order to do this the College offers the following programs and services:
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management with options in Professional Flight, Air Traffic Control, Airport Management, and Logistics.
- College Transfer Programs leading to an associate degree preparing students for entry into, and successful completion of, a baccalaureate degree program at a senior college or university. Programs are offered in the humanities, sciences, social sciences, and pre-professional areas. The College's pre-engineering programs, including the Regents Engineering Transfer Program, have earned a statewide reputation for excellence.
- Career Programs at the certificate and associate degree levels prepare students for employment immediately following graduation. A limited number of career programs, with emphasis in health sciences and nursing, are offered to meet the employment needs of area business and industry.
- Aviation technical certificates and Associate of Applied Science degree programs are offered to meet workforce development needs of the state's aerospace industry.
- General Education courses are an integral part of all transfer and career programs, providing students with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to be effective employees, consumers, and community members.
- Learning Support Programs are provided for those students who need to improve their basic academic skills in order to succeed in the transfer or career program of their choice.
- Student Support Services enhance student learning and provide a campus environment conducive to personal development.
- Community Service Programs support the economic and cultural development of the communities in middle Georgia, the personal and professional development of the citizens of these communities, and the overall quality of life in the area.