Normally you never see those words together, but it is now available at MGC. As a member school in the University System of Georgia, we can offer the same affordable health insurance that the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, and the other 35 Georgia schools offer to their students. Because we have joined together, the cost is less than if the student took out an individual policy.
There are two Student Insurance Plans available to the students; Mandatory and Voluntary. There are also a number of other services such as Athletic Riders, Wellness Riders, and Enhanced Hot Line Riders. On the Eastman Campus the students have a Mandatory Accident Plan which is $14 dollars for Fall Semester 2012 and $18 for Spring Semester 2013.
Because of Board of Regents' mandates, there are some programs and/or students who must have health insurance and they will fall under the Mandatory Plan. Students who have been accepted in the following programs must purchase health insurance or be included on their parent's insurance coverage or have their own group coverage.*
- Nursing Program.
- Occupational Therapy (insurance is required during clinical phase of study).
- An international student holding an "F" or "H4" visa.
Students who want health insurance and are not in the preceding categories can purchase health insurance through the Voluntary Plan.
Highlights of the Policies
- Must take at least 6 credits (Most policies cover only full-time students).
- Payment can be made using student loan and/or government assistance.
- Open and renew policy via email.
- Policy coverage can include student's spouse and/or children.
- The insurance carrier is a member of AIG.
Insurance Rates for 2012-2013
Middle Georgia College Recommends All Students Have Health Insurance
*Some outside insurance policies do not meet the Georgia Board of Regents (BOR) requirements for insurance coverage. Please contact the insurance carrier at http://www.uhcsr.com/usg/ to see if your policy is in compliance and to request an insurance waiver. The BOR will not accept individual insurance policies.