Scholarships and Awards
The deadline for Foundation scholarship applications is April 1st.
Ed Ratigan Aviation Scholarship Spring Semester ONLY
ELIGIBILITY - Updated March, 2008
A student must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in one of the college's aviation certificate, associate, or bachelor's degree programs
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress as set forth in the student handbook
A student must submit the following by the published deadline to be considered:
- Complete an application. Applications are available at the Reception Desk, the Student Services Coordinator's Office, the Office of the Aviation Campus Director, and the MGC website. The application requires endorsement/recommendation from an aviation faculty member.
- Submit with the application a current resume and transcript. (An unofficial transcript is sufficient.) The application includes a short essay requirement.
- Attend an interview with the selection committee.
Ed Ratigan retired in January 2008 from a long career in pubic service in the field of aviation through his position as an Aviation Program Manager with the Georgia Department of Transportation. He is credited with developing the format, standards, and implementation of the State Airport Licensing Program, the State Aeronautical Chart, and Airport Directory.
The annual $500 scholarship award is made by the Heart of Georgia Airport Authority in Eastman, GA, in honor of Ed Ratigan's many years of service to the Georgia aviation industry.