MGC Surveying-Geomatics Program Update
Future students want to pursue their Surveying-Geomatics education online with Middle Georgia College.
Our student interest survey is now closed! The survey provided the following results:
115 future students want to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Surveying-Geomatics at MGC,
48 future students want to pursue an Associate's Degree in Surveying,
41 future students want to pursue a Certificate Program and
38 persons are interested in taking Continuing Education Courses at MGC.
This data provides proof that the online Surveying-Geomatics Program at MGC is needed to help prepare Surveying & Geomatics Professionals in the state of Georgia and adjoining states as well.
You are our best promoters and we always need your help!
- MGC needs more students in the Surveying-Geomatics Program in order for the program to survive! We are optimistic that with the merger of Macon State College and Middle Georgia College, opportunities to provide an online Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Surveying-Geomatics will be forthcoming. Please help us find more students for the program. What better way to be prepared for the inevitable turn around in the economy than by increasing your knowledge base in Surveying and Geomatics. Enroll or encourage someone to enroll in the Surveying-Geomatics Program at Middle Georgia State College today!
- New Student Enrollment: Please go to the following webpage: Apply Online To MGC! and follow the directions to process your enrollment into Middle Georgia College.
- Registration for Summer 2013
The complete course listing for Summer 2013 is available at the following link: http://www.mgc.edu/academics/courses.cfm
We will assist you in course selection and provide advising help. Thus, you will need to contact us by e-mail using your MGC e-mail account with the following information:
- Your Name.
- Your student ID number.
- The course name, course number, CRN and the Semester offering period for the courses that you are planning to take. (Remember that you need to make a "C" or better for the Georgia Board of Registration to accept any courses that you have previously taken.)
- Please send your e-mail to Mr. Purcell at:
- Once Mr. Purcell has reviewed your desired courses and found these courses to be appropriate for your curriculum, your Advising Hold will be released so that you can register for the course on Banner. An e-mail reply will be sent to you to notify you that the Advising Hold has been released. If additional discussion is required, you will be contacted by reply e-mail. Also, if you try to register and get a prerequisite or other error, please contact Mr. Purcell.
- The above procedures apply to Certificate Students and Associate Degree students.
- Registration:Once your Advising Hold is released, you will be required to register by utilizing BannerWeb. The link to Banner Web is: https://dakota.mgc.edu/prod/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
- Instruction for registration including: Important Registration Dates, Registration Tips, Web Registration Criteria and Instructions, Semester Schedules and Tuition and Fees can be found at: http://www.mgc.edu/registrar/registration.cfm
- If you have any questions about registration, please contact Mr. Purcell.
- Registration schedule:The Academic Calendar can be found at the following link. Inside the calendar, important dates for registration, class start date and drop/add are provided.
The required textbooks for the Summer 2013 courses will be listed prior to the beginning of the semester on the MGC Bookstore's website at: http://bookstore.mgc.edu/
- If you have any questions about the required textbooks, please contact Mr. Purcell.
- Students are required to use their MGC e-mail account for all academic related correspondence. For online courses, the course e-mail system may be used instead for course related correspondence. This policy is intended to reduce the risk of divulging personal information to someone impersonating a student through a deceptive e-mail address. MGC has control over the issuance of MGC e-mail identities; however, anyone could set up a hotmail or gmail account with a name that mimics another person's name.
- You are assigned an e-mail address when you apply to the school. If you don't know what your MGC e-mail address and/or password is, please see the following link:https://dakota.mgc.edu/prod/yckmgcid.GetSSN If this link does not help, please submit a trouble ticket to the helpdesk requesting your MGC e-mail account information.
- At the beginning of the semester, you should check your MGC e-mail daily for instructions from your course instructor. You should check your MGC e-mail regularly for important messages from the school. If you would like, you can forward your MGC e-mail to your preferred account by clicking on the Options link within your e-mail account and entering your preferred e-mail address. However, you still must login and use you MGC e-mail account to send e-mails to your instructor, advisor, or other MGC personnel for any official school business.
- Adjunct Professors:
Our existing adjunct professors, Mr. Chris Brazell, Mr. Farris Cadle and Mr. Rick Hudson are doing a great job for our Surveying-Geomatics program. Please feel free to contact them about any of the courses that they teach!